Thursday, October 6, 2011

Smarty Pants Phones

I Totally Want This Phone JUST for the Cute Charm. Can you really blame me? If you or someone you know has a handbag that is unnecessarily too big for the amount of stuff you really need or carry, you know why having something outside of the handbag to alert you of incoming calls and messages is really neat-o.
As a person that's been using a SmartPhone for about 5 years, I've gone through my Blackberry phase, my iPhone phase and now I'm in an Android phase. I had a brief rendezvous with a Palm in-store but it never panned out for us.

Here's the thing about me, I don't need to have the latest and greatest phone or even the newest ROM but when I saw the commercial for this phone from HTC (love) I thought to myself,
'Tangle free headphones? Check! Adorable plum color from the get go? Check! Effortless docking station to charge the device or use it for desktop things like playing music? Check! Wait, what is that cube thing?!'

I turned to my other half and said, "What's that cube...thingy?"

My other half is a huge tech-nerd and more specifically a huge Smart Phone nerd. He nonchalantly replies,
"oh that? That's a charm, sweetheart. It alerts you when your phone is ringing or if you receive a message in the event that your phone is in your purse or something." (Coming from a woman with a sizable handbag, this is brilliant.)

Yeah, he's acting all cool but I know inwardly he's positively giddy because he's getting to share his nerd knowledge with me, at MY request. So I raise my eyebrows, frown and nod and say "huh, cool."
You may be wondering why I'm not sharing my excitement with him, well it's simple: you just can't feed the beast, once you feed it it'll start coming back spitting out random Smart Phone facts, showing you a new ROM everyday. Oh wait, that really is my life. Oh well, I guess it's just advisable that you not get too excited in front of technology geeks least they think you've developed a serious interest.

Of course you and I know that secretly I was shouting in my brains 'Freakin' Awesome! I need that phone.'

And then came the devastating blow. Only at Verizon Wireless. Seriously? UGH. I guess this is how it felt for all the lay people that didn't have an iPhone while I lived it up on my AT&T contract a few years back. Sure I could always get an unlocked version but why bother? I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars for an unlocked phone when I know the next bigger, badder phone is going to be released as soon as I hand over my cold hard cash. I guess I'll just suck it up and be happy with my HTC Inspire 4G.

No comments:

Post a Comment